View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 09:38 PM   #284
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
So after doing some more reading I understand that the hydroboost unit with the Silver accumulator (the round can looking part) is for the disk front, disk rear trucks and mine is the disk front, drum rear. I stopped at the local body shop here in town that has quite a few trucks sitting around and found 2, 2001 Chevy 3500 vans that had the units with the Gold accumulators and disk/drum brakes. I asked the owner about buying one of them and he said just go ahead and take one. I went home and got my tools and pulled one of them off. It took me about 1 1/2 hours. I think the pickups would be easier because there is more room in that area. This was kinda under the dash area in the engine compartment so I removed the master cylinder to give me more room to work.

This one has a square, perfectly flat mounting plate with 4 bolts sticking out of it. I will take a better picture of that tomorrow sometime, and compare the length of the pedal rod with the '03 2500 pickup unit in the pictures above. I also want to go back and check the year of the van. I ran out of time today.

I cleaned the parts up and everything looks good on it. I gave him $30 for it. He wouldn't take the money so I stopped in the office on the way out and gave the money to his wife....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 12-31-2023 at 03:29 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote