View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 03:10 AM   #8
mr48chev

Re: Stance / ride height

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan- View Post
Good looking truck!
Who’s Sid?
As greasylikeaburger said Sid is Sid Drapel who owns Dropped Axle company in Oklahoma and is the go to shop to properly drop a Chevy truck I beam axle.

That is if you want to stick with leaf springs and an I beam axle.

They aren't cheap but If I wanted an MII front end I would seriously look at the front end from TCI that has upright mounts for the upper control arms that in turn use shims for caster/camber adjustments rather than the slots that duplicate a stock MII front end like a lot of companies sell.

I've got a Jag XJ 6 front end that I am thinking about using. Cost ends up being about the same as a gypo MII after you buy and rebuild it but they were build for a 4000 lb car so they will handle and AD pickup just fine. The good there is you do not have to cut any of the trucks sheet metal and the only thing that shows under the hood is the steering shaft being different than a stock one. A guy on FB has all the pieces except the actual crossmember and rack for sale for less than I can buy the rebuild parts for and that is tempting but I'd have to sell something to swing it right now. Found out a second ago that he was a lot further from me than I thought though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote