View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 11:21 AM   #268
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Still working on trying to clear out as many boxes as possible from the corner of the shop. Let's work on the top of the engine.

This outing, I will install the valley pan cover plate. For this, I went with a Holley 241-369. I like this one for two reasons. One, it deletes the factory knock sensors, which I won't be needing for my setup. Second, it adds an oil filler cap. This eliminates the need for me to remove a valve cover when I need to fill the engine with oil. Before, I can install though, I have a few sensors to add. That would be the camshaft position sensor and the oil pressure sensor. The camshaft sensor is held in place by a small bolt. I torqued that bolt to GM spec of 18 lb/ft. The oil pressure sensor takes a special socket to tighten it down. This sensor gets torqued to GM spec of 26 lb/ft. Once I removed the engine lift plate (nice to see this thing gone after so long), I cleaned the mounting surface on the block and the plate with acetone. Using a new GM valley cover gasket and ARP bolts, I installed the new cover plate and torqued the bolts in two steps, with a criss-cross pattern to 18 lb/ft.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote