View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 12:25 PM   #271
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

I received the parts I need to properly install the steam port kit. I ended up using the LS0015ERL nickel plated kit. The steam port adapters that I previously installed are still correct, so I left those in place. I did have to swap the adapter I installed on to the back of the water pump during the engine accessory kit install. The original kit required a -4AN but this new kit requires -3AN adapter. I installed the new adapter with 567 thread sealer, hand tight first and then tightened two full turns. The four corner hoses bolt right up. The steam port adapters swivel, so they end up finding their own happy places because of the length of each hose. Once I tightened all of the hoses, I torqued the steam port adapters to Earl's recommended 65 lb/in. Next, I had to use a cutoff wheel to cut the last hose to length. This is the front hose that connects the distribution block to the water pump. Earl's provides the correct hose end to finish it off. With AN wrench and aluminum jaws in the vice, the hose end install was a breeze. Last, I used some Permatex flexible high temp RTV to mount this distribution block to the valley cover plate. This will keep it from bouncing around and making a bunch of noise. Turned out looking great.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote