View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 06:26 PM   #168
Longhorn 69

Re: Testing Windshield Wiper Motors

Hi Leon, I have been bench testing the wiper motor to my 69 Longhorn, when I was testing it on the low side, and removed the neg wire from the battery it would stop on the park location.Then when running it on the high side, wired like your instructions and would remove the neg wire from the battery it would keep running but would stop and go like intermitant wipers only at high speed. I have it grounded to one of the screws holding the pump mechanisim to the motor. I removed the pump and sanded the screw locations and cleaned the terminals good. Now when in high it will stop in park when I remove the neg wire from the battery. I started testing the washer and have it wired like in your diagram and when running at low speed it will pump when I touch the neg wire to the pump terminal.When I remove the neg wire from the pump terminal it keeps pumping. I have removed both wires from the pump and when i plug in the positive wire to the motor it runs on either high or low ok, but the pump is always pumping when not even hooked up. What's up with that? I tried to load a picture but I don't think i got it attached correctly. I hope everything is going good for you. Thanks
Attached Images

69 Longhorn 396, 4 Speed SM 465, PS, PB, No Air

Last edited by LockDoc; 01-19-2023 at 06:52 PM.
Longhorn 69 is offline   Reply With Quote