View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 02:36 PM   #5
mrein3

Re: A/C Bracket Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
I was wondering if any one has a possible fix. I have factory A/V on my 70, but I also have a set of Original Micky Thompson Valve covers I'd like to use. However, they are a little taller than factory and the one A/C bracket won't clear it. Anyone figured out how to get a bracket that is taller or am I stuck with factory style valve covers?

I really don't want to go pancake style cause I already have all the new stuff in the factory style.
It has been a while (ten plus years) since I did it but I put factory AC in my truck that didn't come from the factory with AC. After I did all the work to make the firewall right, I figured the factory brackets I bought off the parts list here would be a breeze since I was running factory valve covers, factory exhaust manifolds, and a factory style AC compressor.

Nope.

The "slide" bracket you got circled that goes over the valve cover wasn't hitting the valve cover but it was too long. I think the issue for me was a non-factory intake so the end that goes past the bracket on the intake was hitting the aftermarket intake.

Really long story short, I simply made another one. I think if you took some flat stock and played around with it some you could come up with an angle that will work with a higher valve cover under it.

You'll note the GM person that figured it out the first time did a little grinding himself - or herself - to clearance the high side of the valve cover as there is a little indent in the factory piece.

Squirt it with a little semi-gloss black when you're done to match the factory brackets and nobody has to be wiser that you fabbed it yourself.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote