Thread: 47-55.1 battery question
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 09:57 AM   #14
dsraven

Re: battery question

I have the old fashioned 6/12 volt charger with an analog gauge, it works well for most stuff. I also use a c-tek maintainer for batteries that don't get used for the season, rv, boat, my projects, the lawn tractor, motorcycle etc. this unit is small and has a quick disconnect that allows diffeent style pigtails to be used. my regular vehicles have a pigtail wired into the battery terminals and they simply get tied up near the battery but in an easily accessible spot. they have LED's that show the battery level. when we go away for extended periods I have one of my kids stop by and plug the maintainer in to a different vehicle every couple of weeks so each vehicle gets charged monthly. there is mistakes made with connecting the charger cables and also, since the quick connect is not near the battery vent, if they forget to unplug the charger before disconnecting there is less chance of anything going wrong. the mintainer has a couple of settings, for cars, motorcycles, lawn tractors etc. they are picture style icons so that, again, makes it easy to pick a setting.
the maintainer comes in several styles and the extra pigtails are available on amazon in several configurations. worth a look if interested.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote