View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 03:41 PM   #1
wrangler94

1970 Chevy Custom/10

Hi everyone, I"m back lol. Years ago I had a 69 GMC for a short while, but it was too far gone, engine locked up, etc.. Quickly lost motivation and sold it off. Back around August I was doing a favor for a friend's father in law, hauling an excavator for him on a Saturday, and saw this truck. I asked about it and he said he might sell it to me for about 1000 dollars. Then life got in the way for a while, etc.. and it was on my mind but on back burner for a few months.
Early December he has his son text me to talk about the truck again, so I go out there again and he says he'll GIVE me the truck in trade for 4 loads of topsoil. Of course I agreed, because my cost for 4 loads of topsoil was $60, and the owner of the company I was working for let me use the truck for free.
Following is a few pics of the truck as I found it, one on the rollback when I towed it home the day after Christmas, and a few from last Saturday when me and a buddy got it running on it's own and sucking gas from the fuel tank, not just dumping some in the carb. Also a video of it running and burning off the oil we'd sprayed in the spark plug holes to help the rings after sitting for 12 years.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WXi4zKlsMsI
Attached Images

wrangler94 is offline   Reply With Quote