View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 09:32 AM   #14
RyanAK

Re: 60-66 Suburban Challenges

Sheesh! Both of those are perfect. Well done. I daily drove a '71 C10 Suburban and now split time between the '78 K10 Burb and the '63 Cutlass that is for sale. Bought my first 'late model' in years this past Thursday... an '03 K2500 Suburban. 20 years old, but what luxury compared to what I've been driving! I don't know if I like it yet. Ha.

I really appreciate the insight into driving the '66. That truck is just right and your long-term plans match what I've been considering. I'm looking for a west-coast truck since I have a good friend north of Seattle that wants to do the build-out. Because I'm currently working 70+ hours a week (and have been since August 1st with no end in sight...) I'm more than willing to have Matt at Seattle Speed Shop do the wrenching. I have a Model A Phaeton blow apart in the yard that I need to concentrate on putting into a pre-WWII soup job.

Initial plan would be to get it reliable pretty much stock. Rural Pennsylvania is well suited for an old truck. Traffic on my commute consists of a 'jam' when a logging truck and an Amish buggy meet at a crossroads and can't decide who has the right-of-way.

Driveline mod considerations include your suggestions above... though Matt wants to do a 4BTA. I keep pondering something like a 401 Nailhead with T-5 and divorced NP205. Time will tell.

First things first... I need the nifty little Olds sold so I can jump on a '62 GMC I have located that looks to be dry and complete with good running 305.

First world problems, eh?

Meet 'Earl', '71 C10 Suburban - Sold, but not forgotten...

Meet... yet to be named, ‘78 K10 Suburban Daily Driver
RyanAK is offline   Reply With Quote