View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 10:57 PM   #24
Roust

Re: Two Steps back. My high school chevy 1950 3100

GreasyLikeaBurger, that's a brutal story. It's like the people have no empathy for others and that it takes to get your project cars through the build process. All the time and money. And it's these people's jobs/professions. If anyone should be able to understand how much these projects take, it would be them. I don't get it.

So you have had a cut up cab sitting around for 20 years?
It took me about a year to get over the frustration of my cab mishap and start to cut it apart to try and fix it my self... AGAIN. I'm sure the motivation has got to be there somewhere for you!
Good luck, and do what you love!

I'll add another pic of more rough work he did (we are breaking from the timeline a bit here. getting closer to present day and the steps I'm taking now). These were supposed to be cover panels to remove the vents of both side of the cab. Well the patch panels are certainly there! but so is tones of warping, sinking, and....BONDO!!!!!
Attachment 2256882
I would say that stuff was over a 1/4 in thick, at it's heaviest application on there. This kind of work was exactly what I was trying to avoid AND remove.

both sides are like that.
Attached Images

1950 Chevy 3100. S10 chassis
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=841909

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 02-06-2023 at 10:59 AM.
Roust is offline   Reply With Quote