View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 12:32 AM   #17
1966 K10

Re: 60-66 Suburban Challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAK View Post
Could always sell that ‘66 to a guy in PA and go find that clapped out GMC to build…
Sorry this and one other vehicle I own (German 15 window VW bus) are keepers. I often call them 'a coffin' as i plan to be buried in them so to speak.

The fun for me is the hunt and to build them for the least amount and get the most miles out of them. Already working on a 'hobo build' 60s farm truck special. So far got $500 invested in the build consisting of:

65 lwb GMC factory 3/4 ton 4x4 chassis complete with rebuilt SM465/T221. HD Dana 44 front, HO52 rear with factory Detroit locker w/ 4.57 gears

Gen IV 454, C&C 14 bolt with 4.56 if I decide to go dually. A full set of KH 8.25/16.5 wheels.

Just looking for a crusty GMC truck cab and title to slap on top and a set oc Hummer tires to finish it up. I think I can get it done for under $3K and have a decent beater I wont feel so bad about driving around in the salty winters.

My only issue I have right now is a 15mo that is taking up ALL my time.

I recommend collecting all the parts you plan on using as that is what takes most of the time these days. Keeping your eyes open and wallet ready the right rig will come along and everything will fall into place.
1966 K10 is offline   Reply With Quote