Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 07:58 PM   #172
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8man View Post
Glenn, so sorry to hear that he passed. I hope you made it through the eulogy, that's tough.

Thank you! I wish I could say that I was able to get through his eulogy like a champ. I wish I could..... But when I got to the podium and stood before roughly 100 friends and family I broke. I stood there trying to gather myself and start speaking, but I couldn't even get the first syllable out of my mouth. I stepped back, took some deep breathes and tried again. I just couldn't do it. At that moment my wife of almost 31 years jumped to my aide, grabbed my hand and read my eulogy on my behalf. I feel terrible for not being able to, but every person in the room knew the bond dad and I had and were not at all surprised when all the emotion hit me at once.

In any case, now with the services over I will try and move on without his ever looming presence in my life.

Having said all of that, I have had time to pause and think about my truck build and what I want to do. I am still moving forward but with some changes to my plan.

You see, dad was a shiny paint guy. He hated "patina" builds. While he didn't give me crap about what I was doing, he did keep saying that he thought I needed to do what I am known for, Beautiful body work and paint. So in honor of him I am now going to strip the cab and all sheet metal to bare steel and build up from there until I have it as near perfect as I can make it. The picture below is the truck when I first got it, along with the color it will be when done. My dad has always Loved this custom color I made and kept telling me this is the color he envisioned it to be.

So this ones for you dad.......
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote