View Single Post
Old 02-19-2023, 06:56 PM   #3
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: "Upgrade" tail light sockets

Once the sockets are in, you can leave them just like this and wire them into the stock wiring. I wanted a little extra grounding, so i soldered in a wire on the housing of the socket. I know, they aren't pretty, but I tugged them good and they stayed. The reverse sockets have a boot that can be slid off, and back on when finished. The taillight one did not, so i taped up the socket when finished. I then made the wiring harness that will ground them. Simple single wire that i soldered 2 wires to the end of that reaches both the reverse bucket and taillight bucket, making them both unplug on their own in case they need to be removed. I tested the taillight socket to find out which is brake/turn and which is tail lamp. I marked the brake/signal one with a piece of electrical tape to help with the wiring to the truck later. If you dont do this beforehand, its not a big deal. The back wire housing can push out and be flipped 180 degrees if your wires are wrong. They are both black so i thought it would help if i found out which was which before starting anything.
Attached Images

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]

Last edited by kev2809; 02-19-2023 at 07:06 PM.
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote