Thread: 55.2-59 57 Fleetside C4 build
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 01:51 PM   #150
dsraven

Re: 57 Fleetside C4 build

looks great.
I see you have masked off the frame etc but wondering if you have done it from the underside in the area around the rockers. when you spray the rockers there will likely be abunch of overspray because you want to get the bottom sides. that said, the overspray almost always finds it's way under the masking if it isn't covered from the underside of the frame as well. I would hate to see all that previous work covered in overspray. it would be a lot of work to clean it all up shiny again. a little extra work, I know, but prolly less in the long run if you mask it all off before you spray. possibly you have already and it is just hard to see in the pics.
one thing I do, before I spary colour, is shoot some wax and grease remover on the flat areas that will show any ripples in the bodywork. I set up a light at the far end of the project first, turn off the shop lights, and then shoot a little wax and grease remover on the project so it glistens like new paint would. any defects show up pretty quickly so you can look after them before the spendy paint gets applied. just a thought.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote