View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 01:44 AM   #17
Accelo

Re: 4L80E - column shift

I always used the stock linkage on trucks that do not have headers. A lot of reasons for this. One being the linkage is less likely to bind or shift, under throttle, if something happens to your engine mounts. All I had to do was move the frame pivot point to line up with the transmission selector. Typically I only move one leg and leave the other in the stock location. There has always been enough extra linkage rod left, to slide the clamp down on the stock rod, to get it to work. I installed a 4 speed shaft indicator on my last conversion. I wouldn't do it again. Just easier to line everything up so Park through 2nd line up. Then manual low is down-past any marks. it doesn't confuse any unfamiliar drivers. Works perfect. Even the new indicator (4speed) does have a bright light and shines up between the column and the holder for the indicator. I have inserted a business card there to keep from being blinded at night. Stock this is just another thing you don't have to consider. And it's a not cost option!
Cheers
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote