View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 12:43 PM   #222
mobileortho

Re: '50 3600 re-do. Shortening things up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
for an intake cover for rain and bug shielding, you could look at tge heating/ventilating supply places. they have intake covers for furnaces and hot water tanks etc that are direct vent as oposed to the old fashioned chimney. usually plastic as thats what the pipes are for those applications, but they may also have some sheet metal ones too. just ensure the screening inside will accomodate the cfm of the engine through all the restirctions of piping etc. maybe even a chimney rain guard or something like that. one of these places probably has a supply cata;ogue with pics, or make a trip to home depot, lol.
some are pretty basic looking and you could fab something up at home , like this one used as a roof cap
https://www.amazon.com.mx/Builders-B...52909807&psc=1

Yes, that's similar to the one I posted previously. I'm going to have to do some measuring to see how much clearance I'm going to have when the grill is mounted. I may have to modify the airhorn or just mount the larger disc like you said. I found one of those vents with a 4" pipe which is also the size of the filter opening so in theory, I could probably also remove the airhorn all together and attach it to the filter to gain some clearance. Honestly, I think the disc will be the simplest.

1950 3600
3600 re-do, shortening it up

If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.
mobileortho is offline   Reply With Quote