Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 06:16 PM   #966
dsraven

Re: Wife's 48

I find it really helped me when i sparyed the primer etc. you gotta have a good light to reflect the surface back to you so you can see the texture etc, and also you gotta know how the paint reacts. maybe, if it is afirst time spraying, try painting something else first. start small, like running boards or step side steps or something applicable to your build. that way you find out how the paint lays out. i have sprayed some pretty thick stuff (gelcoat fiberglass) and found you gotta play with it a bit before you get the "how to" for that particular product. we don't all have perfect conditions, or the exactly right gun or tip size or shop temp etc, so you gotta play it by ear a bit. you will figure it out. mix it, see how it pours for viscosity, try different gun pressures within a range etc. try spraying a test pattern on some hard surface and adjust the gun but also notice if the gun seems to spray great then if you keep spraying it changes some. you may have a restricted air supply simply with the quick connects. a pressure gauge at the gun can tell you some about that. try it without any paint in the cup. set the pressure and see what the pressure does if you hold the gun on for longer like you are spraying so you can see if you get a constant pressure at the tip.
anyway, youtube it, there is a good youtuber that explains that whole scenario and how to check and fix the pressure drop at the tip.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote