View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 09:32 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Where to buy cargo door parts for the pass. side bed?

The name for that is "Tool & Stowage Compartment". Unfortunately, it is an overlooked piece in the replacement/reproduction part world. There once was a 67-72 parts vendor in the earlier days of restoration of these trucks, Dennis's Truck Parts in Pinellas Park, FL, who had composite reproduction doors with all related components made up that he sold. Unfortunately, there was lower interest in these trucks back then and he only made one batch. What a shame the world caught on so late and a bigger shame the molds were not preserved. I sold my kit when I decided I'd only own a truck I can use, was done restoring show quality. I sold my kit off, to a member here many years ago. I still do have the latch pawl that keeps popping up around here, but that is all that remains

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote