View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 09:37 AM   #38
Joyridin

Re: Anybody using a 6l80 in their swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87chevy.com View Post
I never shifted past D1

with the current tune (ish) that it has, When i come to a stop light and there is a need to at about 20 mph, i will shift to D4 it downshifts and rpms and exhaust notes sing a little, then to D1 and its like rev matching... silly but sounds cool... ill have to get a video of it ... probably make more sense

As far as HPtuners displaying it. I have a VCM scanner file I cobbled up, that

87chevy.com/tapshift2023.Channels.zip

its a zip folder with the .xml file that hp tuner uses for channels that I added the transmsision PIDs to it

my folder is in located:

C:\Users\xxxx computer name xxxx\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Channel Configs

You dont have to paste it there, but when you go to VCM scanner and open a config file, you can just look for it wherever you downloads go.

See if it displays correctly? it should read the gear displayed, and then if in sport mode/tap up tap down. I will connect the laptop to the X5 swap tomorrow and take a video of it displaying the inputs.

clint

I think I sold you a Gen5 connector kit from ebay... your screen name sounds familiar.
I have a whole list of channels it monitors. It reads the gears when the truck is running, but not when sitting in the garage with the key on. It does not show going into TUTD mode.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote