View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 11:52 PM   #294
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

No need to apologize sir, I hope your family is well.

First off, thank you very much for the thorough explanation. I learned something new and a few things have been clarified /confirmed for me.

Since the post where I asked for your thoughts, I cut out a "shim" from the 2" lowering blocks. Initially I thought it yielded a -4* trans and a +4* pinion, effectively cancelling out all angles... but today with better lighting I saw there is almost a 1* difference in the 2, so hopefully no vibrations.

I tossed the cab back on to see if the interference issues had been resolved and realized I will still need to clearance the pinch weld of the back of the cab. Just a little more minor surgery and that part of the build should be done.

The first picture shows the 3/8" clearance between the cab floor and the top of the recently enlarged driveshaft hoop. I'm happy with how that mod came out.

The second and third and fourth pics are of the suspension fully aired out, just because I thought they looked pretty sweet.

The last pic shows how I welded a bracket to hold the fuse box for the stand alone engine harness above the computer.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote