View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 01:38 PM   #12
sfont66

Re: Drive line angle questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
With your angels listed above i would raise the trans 1 degree and leave the rear alone. When raising the trans it will also cahnge the angle of the driveshaft to close to 2 degrees resulting in 2.6/2/2.3.
I was able to massage the transmission tunnel enough to allow the transmission to be shimmed up to 2.6 degrees, this made the driveshaft angle 1.7 degrees, and the rear remains unchanged, so it should still be the 2.3 degrees.
To me these angles are an improvement and should take away the slight vibration I was feeling at freeway speeds.
It will most likely be at least another month before I can do a test drive to prove these changes. (We received another 16” of snow in the past week)

I see the first pic loaded sideways, it was tough to get a good shot.

Originally I thought it would be easier to shim the rear up to correct my pinion angle, but after thinking it through, doing so would have made my operating angles worse. The drive shaft angle would have been less , and when doing the math, my operating angles would have been worse than when I began.

There is a lot of information out there when researching this subject, and sometimes a person can go down the rabbit hole with information that doesn’t directly apply to their specific application.
Many years ago my wife purchased a sign for the garage, can you find it? I guess for me this is true.

I asked for, and received valuable information from those who have experience setting up their own trucks.
Thanks again to all
Attached Images