View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 11:46 AM   #62
Clemsonbloz

Well, first off, if I am getting an education in horsepower, we should talk about something other than a diesel.. We all know what diesel's do, and it's not for race cars(though a Cummins Diesel powered car did race at Indy and won)..

I am not here to piss off any of you GM Diesel lovers.. I drive a Chevy and own a 1979 GMC myself,, but facts are facts..

They may have not changed the cam between the 6.2 and the 6.5,, but if they did not, they simply reinforce my point.. When you go from NA to turbocharged,, things have to change.. You did get yer pump recalibrated, but the bottom line is you have still increased cylinder pressures in an engine that until the 6.5,, was not designed that way.. You also have increased cylinder temps, as you compress air the temp goes up. If these items didn't need to be addressed,, everyone would still be driving 6.2 turbocharged engines insted of the 6.5 and on to the duramax later..

Infact, instead of turbocharging,, why didn't you just advance the fuel pump? Heck, might wash down the cylinder walls under heavy pulling one day,, but it's free power..

Good day
Bloz
Clemsonbloz is offline   Reply With Quote