View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 02:56 PM   #9
NDM

Re: 1972 Blazer 3-Point Seatbelt w/ Roll Bar Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
Factory roll bar? No such thing. I made my own.
For rear shoulder belts you will need to fabricate a "family" roll bar.
Understood. I was referring to the one that most people had as the factory one. My mistake. I think it was made by Hickey or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
There are really only two options for shoulder belts in the Blazer/Jimmy. I used the roll bar and welded a small piece of flat bar onto the roll bar to thicken it where I tapped it for the bolt. The other option is to get a later-model seat that has an integral shoulder belt. The SMC used to fabricate the hard top isn't strong enough to serve as an anchor.
I have some seats that I pulled from the yard. They colapse down quite nicely. They are the 2nd and third row seats from a mercedes r350 Suv. I planned to metal shape a roll bar using my acquired shaping talents that looks like this later model custom Blazer. I am not concerned with roll over protection that much but i am very much doing it to be able to install proper shoulder belts for the safety of my family. I want front and rear shoulder belts. My plan it to make a buck out of plywood and then form the metal using the buck. Here is that custom Blazer that I loved. I would make a front and back with tie in bars. I do not have a tubing bender but I do have metal shaping tools to do this type of roll bar.

https://www.streettrucksmag.com/a-pe...evy-k5-blazer/
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote