Thread: 55 make over
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 10:43 AM   #69
nvrsatisfied

Re: 55 make over

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
did you use thin wall tubing for all the structure? is it heavy?
I have thought of using the plastic deck material for the floor but went with a steel bed floor instead. i incorporated a stroage area under the floor since the bed floor is raised to accomodate the frame over the axle.
nice work, keep on plugging away, and of course posting up progress pics
most of the sub frame for the bed is a mixture of 1" x 1"....3/4" x 3/4".... and 1" x 2"...all of that is 1/16" wall.

notches are all from 1/4" plate.

the bridge is 1" round with a 1/8" wall.

all the front end overhaul was done in 3/16" plate (upper lower, bag plates) and 2" x 3" 3/16" wall for the top support.

the four link is just as beefy; 1/4" plate for brackets and 1.5" round tubing for the bars 3/16" thick.

i thought about the composite but we already had this full floor. i'm gonna plain, re-sand and router it if need be for the straps to fit flush. after all that hit it with a color stain, then use a high build with a spar urethane, cut and polish that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
nice work on the tail light area, do you need to install side marker lights in your jurisdiction?
no i do not. i don't have a ton of knowledge on these trucks like i would a 67-72 but from what i "assume" is since the truck did not have side marker lights in the rear from factory?? then in that case i don't have to have them. i know that by Oklahoma law if the light is present from factory then it must be there.... cause right now i'm in a dispute with my 3rd brake light on my 93' GMC not working but my two tail lights work fine....and i made the comment i'm gonna shave it anyways and the officer "no ya can't"...

72 cheyenne super
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=811512

55 chevy truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=840174
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote