View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 10:22 PM   #5
Cursh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursh View Post
While removing the booster I cracked the booster side of the check valve. It looks like those things are unobtanium now, but I'm also looking into what it does and it seems like I can get a 3/8" filter and a 3/8" one way valve and I've go the same functionality in a slightly different form factor. Is that correct?

The original that I broke doesn't seem to "check" at all. It's just a filter. Is that what it's supposed to do and mine didn't? or did I just buy a couple check valves just to be prepared for a future situation where I need a check valve for something else because this aint it.
In case anyone else has this question and stumbles upon this dead post in the future, I got an answer elsewhere.

I called a buddy of mine who’s more mechanically inclined than me (he builds custom shocks for pre release test vehicles for a major strut manufacturer; that is to say its not coming from this dopey DIYer in AZ) they told me that the check valve can be any old one way valve that is rated for air. The flow is TOWARDS the engine to keep pressure in the booster if the engine is off or in idle.

Ive got two ****ty ones on the way just because sometimes ****ty ones don’t work out of the box.

Cheers
Posted via Mobile Device
Cursh is offline   Reply With Quote