View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 11:02 PM   #18
PbFut

Re: Bolt-in frame stiffener enough?

Some basic observations over the years with NASA. The little league of motor sports. As a instructor for NASA, I post this with all respect. Over many years i have come to observe two approaches by individuals entering into auto sport. Those who will build and build and build with little track experience. The other method is the owner/driver who develops their skill and realize early on that throwing all the hardware in the world t thier race car won't make them fast if they have not first learned how to control/drive the car. Do your wallet a huge favor. Stop all development and get the truck, car, or whatever platform you have onto the track and learn real car control. Then after you have developed the nut behind the wheel you won't need any input from us. You will know what you need to go faster.
The previous statement may sound a bit conseaded but I am telling you with 100% confidence a owner/drive who does not have at least 2 full seasons of running and loosing has no idea what it takes to make a platform fast. Anyone attempting to steer you in the direction of some aftermarket Ricky Racer product is not likely to have ever been on track.
Close your wallet to anything except track time for at least 2 years. After 2 years, be prepaired for a life of poverty because it takes a ton of cash to really be fast. This is from a national podium finisher with many regional titles to his name.
Sorry too much Sunday tequila.
PbFut is offline   Reply With Quote