Thread: 47-55.1 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 11:31 PM   #128
joedoh

Re: 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum

thanks guys!

the 54 is almost complete, i did the drivers running board today but I found a guy who needed the 3600 frame I had at the shop so i messed with that today mostly.

last year i bought a 3600 with almost no rust, just a bad cab corner. it didnt have a hood either but i found one. i took all the bolts out of the body mounts and tried pulling the cab off with forky but it was stuck like glue, and all the aggressive work with forky made the drippy water pump full-on bad bearing fan hitting the shroud noisy. i just left it be for almost a year, ordered a new water pump and the brake masters too but thats work for another time.

today i went back to get the cab off so nic can pick up the frame next week and used forky gently after 1. running out of propane 2. using a jack to break the rusty cab bolts free.

gotta clean out the storage again, need the raptor mower out (behind the dodge) so my son in law can use it now that I have the monster JD, need to get started on K20 8HP70 swapping the bmw, need to build that toyota tundra in the back corner, and the ford F1 you can barely see. and do something with my 27 doors. even more doors outside! I am a sucker for doors I guess. there are porsche wheels and even a 3 liter porsche boxer motor in there. *le sigh*

we also upgraded mommas car. the nice guy at the post office was driving this nice crossy that was his father in laws who couldnt drive any more. somewhere taking in hundreds of 37 lb packages we talked about it a bit and I made an offer.

this one is 4wd, not awd, has every option except nav. I know my way around the 3.2 honda motor after 15 years with the pilot and this one runs like a top. she is smitten, and deserves it. we will keep the pilot for 8 passenger duties.

more tomorrow maybe!
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote