View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 11:02 PM   #29
Ironangel

Re: My 572 doesn’t fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I get the need to move things forward for clearance w/the bigger BBC, but I would want to keep an eye on how far the lead cylinders are moved past the spindle centerline @ the same time. Sure seems like it could open up the can-O-worms on other things (x-member clearance, impact on steering feel, etc).
That's right, the oil pan is going to govern how far forward you can go with that motor, mine certainly did. As far as cylinders past spindle centerlines go, front stabilizers and HDBB springs make the heavy BB's behave in the corners. I get the forward weight issue but I think it's nil when your dropping 700 pounds in a 500 pound hole. The beefed up front goes without saying. The OP indicated that header fitment will be a deal breaker? Headers for that set up just about have to be built on the truck, especially if you want to keep everything tucked up above the frame rails. Big Blocks, especially built big blocks, require replacing, rethinking, refabricating, everything from "nose to toes"...That 572 will eat transmissions, cork screw drive shafts, bend frames and slip perfectly good Positracks! Ask me how I know! Welcome to the realm of money!
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote