View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 01:15 AM   #30
SCOTI

Re: My 572 doesn’t fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironangel View Post
That's right, the oil pan is going to govern how far forward you can go with that motor, mine certainly did. As far as cylinders past spindle centerlines go, front stabilizers and HDBB springs make the heavy BB's behave in the corners. I get the forward weight issue but I think it's nil when your dropping 700 pounds in a 500 pound hole. The beefed up front goes without saying. The OP indicated that header fitment will be a deal breaker? Headers for that set up just about have to be built on the truck, especially if you want to keep everything tucked up above the frame rails. Big Blocks, especially built big blocks, require replacing, rethinking, refabricating, everything from "nose to toes"...That 572 will eat transmissions, cork screw drive shafts, bend frames and slip perfectly good Positracks! Ask me how I know! Welcome to the realm of money!
Headers fell within the realm of things I was suggesting to keep in mind. My assumption was that all changes w/moving the motor had the headers on for validating they still fit w/o issue (since they were spec built vs off the shelf).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote