View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 07:41 AM   #4267
Lost in the 60's

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Finally feel we MIGHT be done getting snow, so spent all Sunday swapping snow tires off 3 vehicles. My Silverado and sons' MaliBlu have 2 sets of wheels/tires so, basically swap out. BUT the Silverado tires are stored in a loft above a work space at the back of the shop and the son's and DD's are on a rack, high on the wall, so require the use of the forklift. That hasn't been used for several months, so gets buried under "stuff" and took 30 minutes to dig out by itself. The Silverado, also, has to have the TPMS reset for the wheel sensors. The summer tires are load range E with an 80lb max pressure. The timer on the reset in the ECM is 2 minutes. I learned the first time I installed them that inflating to 70 lbs ran the timer out before I got them all deflated enough for the ECM to recognize. Now they get 40lbs for that task. Also found the source of the whine I have been hearing the last couple times I drove it. The infamous front bearing hub on the right side needs replaced. Got 125k out of it, which is more than the previous 2 trucks got on the OEM.
I don't have the summer tires for the CR-V on wheels, so that takes almost 2 hours to remove/break down, remount and balance. I seem to get slower at this task every year.
Lost in the 60's is offline   Reply With Quote