View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 10:15 PM   #4
RustyPile

Re: Return line or no return line???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972BackInBlackC10 View Post
I havent ran the engine yet im in the process of building the truck so i couldnt say if it has vapor lock issues
Correct, there is no way at this stage of the build to predict whether or not you will encounter vapor lock. If you delete the return and experience a vapor lock condition, it will leave you stranded on the side of the road, not sitting in your driveway. It's much better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it..

Fuel returns on carburetor systems is just about the best improvement GM designed.. Shortly after I bought my truck, I discovered some PO had removed the fuel return line. Shortly thereafter, I changed the pump and installed a line back to the tank.

The tank you bought, is it designed to fit behind the seat? The factory didn't make provisions for a return line on the actual tank. The return line goes in the fuel gauge sending unit right beside the fuel pick up line. Don't mistake the fuel vapor system connector for a return line connection. This connection is located in the tank's upper corner on the passenger side. This connection is connected to a steel line that runs up the PS B pillar, back down and winds up at vapor cannister under the battery...
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote