View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 10:21 AM   #63
stinsonj

Re: '51 Build w/4bt Cummins

Limited work being done on the truck due to just being busy with other stuff but I did get it driving! What I did to make the throttle work is a bit hokey but works surprisingly well. I essentially took a piece of 2" pipe that was pre-bent into 180 degrees, made a bracket, and routed the cable thru the pipe back towards the firewall and hooked it up to the throttle linkage. Not something I'm super proud of but it works for now.

I also bled the brakes and the new clutch slave cylinder I had to buy before taking it for its first, albeit short (no radiator yet) test drive which went swimmingly.

After the test drive, I worked on plumbing the turbo to the intake (not going to install an intercooler yet) and was able to find a pre-bent pipe that fit up ok. The bends were perfect but the ends were odd diameters so I had to use some reducers to mate it up to the 2.5" turbo and intake. An air filter was also installed which was much easier.

Next will be a radiator whenever I feel like dropping some more money into the project.

Ill post some pictures tomorrow likely.
stinsonj is offline   Reply With Quote