View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 10:18 AM   #7
D.B

Re: Texas C10 Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Excellent! Thanks for the compliment! No, I don't go to many car shows which doesn't make much sense come to think of it. I suppose I could take my '68 C50 dump truck... it's in incredible condition for being so original. I guess I've been waiting on getting the 72 C10 up to snuff before I hit the shows. You can guarantee when it's back on the road we'll meet up... I'll be looking to go to as many as I can. Do you think people would be interested in seeing a dump truck at the shows you're familiar with?
There is only one show that I can think of and it is the CCC club show that is put on the third Saturday of each month. It is at Birdville Stadium on Precinct Line Road north of 820. When I go, there is always something different showing up. But one thing I have never seen at one is a large truck like your C50. I bet it would draw attention and for sure when a class award.

I think I come out in your area some. I am helping a friend build a drag car and he lives off of Midway/Jacksboro Hwy area. I have been doing this on Saturdays for the last 18 months, only time we have to work on it. We finally got it done enough to send it over to paint and body. We built it from a bare shell, it will be an 87 Dodge Daytona and resemble the late 80's Prostock fashion. Every part on it is fabricated.
The one I race is a 2000 S10 Xtreme standard cab. I made thread up on it. I built it back in 2013. It is fun to drive.
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote