View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 08:37 PM   #310
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by omodified View Post
The console is a 9/10. The inside looks almost brand new. All of the parts are original except the billet cupholder. To finish it off, I bought and installed NOS lid bumpers from board member 402Bowtie. Completely happy with this package. I wish I could install them so I don’t have to worry about storing them away. Now I have to sell my bench seat so I have room for it all.

I wanted to take this console from a 9/10 to a 10/10. The original bowtie emblem was pitted and scratched, so it needs to be replaced. There aren't any NOS emblems out there right now. I couldn't find any blue ones that have been sold in the last 10 years, so they must not exist. I decided to go aftermarket. These actually look quite nice. The reproduction appears to be 100% correct, right down to the part number on the back. It wasn't all good though. In true Counterpart fashion, I broke the studs off of two different emblems during install. The supplied cutting nut cuts too much material off and when the nut gets tight to the console lid, it just shears the post off. Hats off to The Truck Shop though. They were aware of the issue and didn't hesitate to stand behind the product. Third time was a charm when I used the nut from my original emblem.

Last, I noticed that the console hinge was a bit rusty and the holes were oblong. I found that board member Zac72blazer sells a stainless reproduction hinge that is priced right and looks beautiful. Shipping was fast and I had it installed within a few days. Now, the console is a 10/10!!!

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote