View Single Post
Old 05-17-2023, 11:25 AM   #25
Yamariv

Re: 71 350 Rebuild advice needed - Head and Cam Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Just had a small block 400 redone , went .30 over so 406 now , 2 bolt main, for my 72 C10. Pictured are the heads cam and lifters that were used in the build. Yes the aluminum heads are great but these are cast iron and complete and ready to bolt on and know of someone that has used them on a 350 like u have and its been driven over 10,000 miles and no issues. Sending old heads to a machine shop will probably cost u as much as getting a pair of the pictured ones.
Hey Greg, thanks for the suggestions! That's the kind of info I was hoping for So no issues running the same set up on your 400 SBC vs a 350?

Summit sells these head individually correct? My local machine shop gave an estimate of $400 per head to fully rebuild..wish shipping across the border wasn't soo expensive through Summit though..

What kind of HP do you think your buddy is getting with this setup on his 350?

BTW, I found my 350 in your fair city! Drove the old girl up there and back in an afternoon and she didn't miss a beat. Calculated my US MPG for the trip and I got 15.8! Not too bad for the old girl..

Upgrades: Power Steering
3 Core Radiator
7 Hole Gauge Cluster
Power Brakes (Incoming!!..)
1971 350 (Incoming!!..)
Yamariv is offline   Reply With Quote