View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 10:24 PM   #10
SCOTI

Re: Went for an alignment- positive camber& no shims

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCash View Post
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm trying to figure out what the issue is that's causing excessive positive camber; maybe the squarebody lower arms are shorter or it's something to do with the spindle?
I know I could take the upper arm cross bars off and grind down the spacer/back of the cross arm, but that will leave no room for any alignment adjustments at all. Just looking for some advice on what to do - I still need to get a good pic of the positive camber but it's obvious just from eyeballing it on the ground.
As mentioned, the arms are basically the same (both upper & lowers). The bushings were different & the BJ sizes vary depending on size/weight of the chassis (1/2 ton vs 3/4 & 1-ton).
I have OE stamped steel 63-72 1/2 ton upper arms (w/1-ton BJs) on my CC Squarebody dually. It had the stock lowers & now has Porterbuilt 1" Forward aftermarket lowers.

Hopefully you can that pic & post it so we can get a better idea of what you're up against.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote