View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 07:34 AM   #135
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
The grille changes made a big difference. I've had the same feelings about the grilles on Chevy vs GMC, but I have to agree here as well. Leave it GMC! It's definitely more unique, I hardly ever see them around here... but Chevrolets all the time.

Have you given any more thought about your future wheel wells? I have been planning all along on leaving mine factory, but I know they're going to be the limiting factor on my ride height. I would love to go the whole 9 yards with Porterbuilt hood hinges and some sweet fiberglass wheel wells, but I don't want to drop that much cash as well. I think I could live with the less expensive styles that are sheet metal panels, like the ones Jason VaNatta makes. Whatever wheel wells you go with do you plan on painting them blue or black? I can't make up my mind on that either.

Also, what are your hood hinge plans? sorry if I missed that...
I was just thinking about wheel wells yesterday actually. It looks so open and strange without wheel wells, especially on the passenger side since I relocated the battery. I'm not entirely sure yet which ones I will go with. At this point, all I know is I want something and it needs to be economical, i.e. no fiberglass tubs for me unfortunately. I do like the ones VanNatta makes but I would have to chop them up quite a bit to work with my heater box and air intake. My other option is to just make my own. Also, Slosh Tubs were just announced as sponsors of the C10 Fall Revival in October, so I may wait and see what they have at their tent. Maybe they will be running a show discount as well. Either way, I will definitely paint them black to have some connection to the original look. As for hood hinges, I will 100% need to relocate to the cowl. I like the Porterbuilt ones. There are also Switch Suspension hinges which look like a complete copy of the Porterbuilts. Both are the same price, so I will probably go with Porterbuilt since they put in the effort to actually design the hinges.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread

Last edited by hewittca; 06-02-2023 at 07:41 AM.
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote