View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 08:25 PM   #315
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Almost a year ago now, I posted about the glass I custom ordered. I'm finally getting around to working with the side glass. I guess the reason for the delay was that I was holding out for an NOS drivers side sash. I bought a pair of NOS at one point from Ebay and received two passengers. Then, I bought a single drivers side and received another passenger. I finally gave up and bought a really nice used one from board member Maldo. So today, it finally came time to install the windows into the sashes. Before I could install them, I had to prepare the sashes. I used the bead blaster to clean the surface. Then I painted them satin black. The installation was a breeze, very similar to when I installed my vent windows into the frames. I found some NOS 0.040" setting tape. I folded the tape over the bottom edge and used scotch tape to hold in place. I liberally applied kerosene to the setting tape and quickly used a rubber mallet to set the glass inside the sash. I had already measured and marked the glass where the edges of the sash should be. For the finish, I set the windows in the sun so the setting tape would swell a bit. Time to package these guys up and store them away for later.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848

Last edited by omodified; 05-27-2024 at 10:02 PM.
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote