View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 11:29 PM   #42
PaulJG

Re: What rear bumper is this?

Told SpecialK I'd add to this thread. Other have used picture of his rear bumper for a wanted ad. I did weeks ago on CL and got a response quickly. Seller asked if I saw his ad on CL..I hadn't. Only had to go 40' out of the way on a trip. This bumper has the additional support in center..unsure why..maybe structural upgrade. Welds consistent with rest so not added on? Since I've wire wheeled, removed over 50 weld bbs and primed it.
My C30 is a C&C so apparently the frame is 3"ish inches longer in rear why its not yet sitting down.
I was also designing in my head a front Barden style and have partially mocked one up in wood then steel. Steel yard flipped 2 digits in my number so took forever before I finally got the diamond plate. Coincidentally their job bidder was at same job I was on...picked up that afternoon 8 weeks late.
3" spine with few ribs. 1/8" diamond plate will have a slight lip over front..had to give it a little more character. Lights? winch? ..much later. Will tighten ends up a little and plate it but wont get to bumper for awhile..have to start on front finally.
Attached Images

1980 Boston Whaler Supercat 17sold, 19sold, 20
PaulJG is offline   Reply With Quote