View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 11:14 PM   #52
alexMoody

Re: Moody's Utah 58 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by leegreen View Post
'58 would not have had self adjusting brakes from factory, but it is an easy retrofit using hardware from like '63 and up.
if things are lubed up and assembled correctly, rear drum self adjust when you pull parking brake or use the brakes in reverse, front drum self adjust when you use the brakes in reverse.
Oh man, that’s some useful info, and so is the series of messages from dsraven. Haha. I was able to find some rebuild kits. It took napa a few days get the right size in. I got four and all four boxes are different with different packaging. Obviously not a popular item. Where I live it’s been pouring buckets of rain everyday. It makes my progress really slow as to my garage isn’t big enough for me to work on it in there. This weekend though is supposed to be great weather.

As I was working through the tips you guys gave for the vacuum I decided to switch out a few likes. The vacuum line I think wasn’t thick enough for the pressure it was under and I notice a very very small drip from one union on the brake lines. The brakes definitely feel better but still doesn’t stop it from rolling back and forth.

I’ll get it figured out this weekend.
alexMoody is offline   Reply With Quote