View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 05:30 AM   #7
Killer Bee

Re: how to put in brake lines

first off, I highly recommend oem steel everywhere possible for several obvious reasons. If you can work them in with a little gentle massaging, I recommend finishing the project with them

I previously wasn't a huge fan of nicopp but several of my mechanics at work have used it for line replacements where oem was unavailable and steel line would be very difficult and time consuming. in all cases it worked well with zero failures

couple summers ago I had a brake line in one of my longhorns spring a leak just before a show. I would have needed three sticks of available steel tubing to span the frame so I opted to give the nicopp a try. Made it full length in one shot, no extra unions. It turned out well and was extremely easy to work with and routed safely through factory locations.

get yourself a decent flaring tool kit, tubing cutter, deburing tool, and a handful of flare nuts and you're in business

no tubing benders necessary, bends easily by hand. only drawback is getting it to lie straight as it comes off a roll.

now I'm not advocating for nicopp aftermarket over factory steel but I wouldn't be afraid to use it if needed

good luck!