View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 06:56 PM   #6
vardenafil

Re: what size master cylinder bore

Im running the stock booster for the truck. I think the booster works fine. The truck pulls good vacuum and the pedal is not hard. I havent changed the proportion valve yet. The kit manufacture says that it isnt necessary for their kit. I have been thinking of replacing the front and rear calipers. The front calipers have different sized bleeder screws so it makes me think that they are not the same part or brand? The rear calipers that came with the conversion kit have the integrated parking brakes... i found during research that they are hard to adjust and can cause pedal issues. So i want to swap them out with the jb6 calipers to see if that makes a difference. I also was planning on switching the porportion valve to a pv4 disc/disc version and upgrading the master to a corvette disc/disc type master. I think I can get all the parts from a cheap online part store for a little over 200 dollars. I just dont want to throw money at the problem and potentially not fix it. But on the same hand, Ive had the truck for almost 2 months now and havent been able to drive it due to brake issues. Im getting ancy lol

one other thing I forgot about. I unbolted the master from the booster to check for leakage and didnt see any. But when I tried to push in the master cylinder it was super hard and only went in a 1/4 inch or so. Is that normal? I thought you were able to bench bleed with a screw driver? or is the lines being hooked up causing alot of back pressure?
vardenafil is offline   Reply With Quote