View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 07:15 AM   #7
Joyridin

Re: what size master cylinder bore

Most calipers have different screw sizes on the front versus the rear. I have no idea why. I have done quite a few rear drum to disk conversions and I never used a proportioning valve. The rear never locked up before the front in any of them and they all brake fine. As for the rear parking brake, they are not hard to adjust. You have to use the parking brake to adjust them accordingly. Most people think you can just throw them on, pump up the brakes, bleed them, and you are set. This is generally not the case as they have a ratchet mechanism in them that pushes the pad out for adjustment. The ratchet is activated off the emergency brake. They usually adjust themselves as the pad wears, but it is always helpful to pull the e-brake occasionally. I never use a Corvette master. Nothing wrong with them, but I never needed them. The extra fluid isn't really needed except during the initial bleeding process. After the brakes are all bled, you won't be emptying that reservoir unless you break a line, then it won't matter anyhow.

You won't push the master rod into the master with the lines hooked up and the system bled out. If it were that easy, you wouldn't need a power brake booster.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote