View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 10:01 AM   #4
A1971Blazer

Re: '71s With Drum Brakes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I really doubt there ever was a '71 from the factory with drum brakes. But like the '68 small window I keep seeing this come up with people claiming they have one. I have yet to be convinced by what these people have been able to offer as proof. The closest is one with '71 VIN-plate (with rivets hidden using tape) and matching '71 VIN on frame. The cab has the '71 interior mounting boss. It could be a '71 frame and cab, from different trucks (VIN-plate swap) using '70 front suspension assembly. One fender I can see is a 69/70 by the fender emblems. The whole truck is painted over inside and out.
On any vehicle as old as these, and the fact that nearly all the parts will interchange, there can be infinite combinations of years.
I bought a '67 that I assumed to be a true '67....when I disassembled it, the frame was from a '69 which really was better because of the PS gear mount.
Luckily my county has no inspection or verification that require matching VIN numbers or other such regulations. All I needed was the previous title....
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is online now   Reply With Quote