View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 12:00 AM   #309
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_p View Post
Sorry to hear the news of your Father passing. I lost my Father three years ago this August after having lived with my family for the prior 8 years. He had dementia, which is also somewhat difficult to deal with. He just reached a point where physically he looked like my Dad, but mentally he was not. I miss him.

Truck is looking fantastic - mine is still down - waiting for a steering column to replace my stock one. Late =( should have been here two weeks ago, and no idea really, when it will ship. Supply issues stink. Keep up the awesome work - still plan to come check it our when mine is back running.
DP
Im sorry to hear that man. Dementia is terrible. Ive had customers with it, its terrible. I suppose we are all lucky for the time we get, no matter the difficulty during, me and my family all still say if we had to do it again we would.
Hopefully you get that column in! I know how frustrating it can be to wait on parts. A week can feel like eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
I too am sorry to hear about your father. Time Flys and the extra few years I'm sure we're a blessing. Sad to hear though.

I really really like those speaker grills in the doors. If my doors weren't together and finished I might actually go and do that on mine. Looks so clean and looks absolutely stock
Nice work.
I appreciate it! I think they came out well. I was concerned on how well they'd come out and they far exceeded my hopes.
Thank you for the kind words. The last few years certainly were a blessing, they taught me a lot. Im 27, so I dont have many friends in a similar boat, so it can be tough at times to navigate. I get a lot of enjoyment from this project, no matter how difficult it sometimes gets, at the end of the day I find myself fulfilled. I dont think many people feel that same sense of accomplishment at the end of the day, and it helps immensely with the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingar View Post
Sorry to hear about your dad.
Thank you Pingar. Hope all is well with you!

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote