View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 12:55 AM   #13
CAMAROBOY68SS

Re: '71s With Drum Brakes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'll confess, this all originated on a Facebook group and the one with the truck I mentioned is the one who started the thread. And on there this guy is viewed as knowledgeable, from what I've gathered. Everyone seemed to follow in behind him, even a few speaking of the '71 they had or have that came with the drum brakes. I must have stumbled upon all the rare '71 drum brake owners all at once. Pretty freaky, aye? This guy does have proof, you see. He says his grandfather worked for GM and he told his uncle GM would use up spare parts from the year before. I couldn't argue with that, since both my grandfathers and all my uncles have passed on and my aunt's second cousin's step brother won't talk to me
well I can agree with GM, more specifically Chevy, reusing some stuff for a bit during model change. From years of dealing with first gen Camaro's there was always one or two noticeable items that stuck around for a few months with the new year model car. Early 68 Small block Super Sport cars had the finned inserts in the hood, then early 69s with spoilers used narrower 68 spoilers for a bit. Nothing as major as a chassis component like brakes.

C10 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=833278

The "Others"
1933 Ford Pickup (Camaro in disguise)
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
CAMAROBOY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote