View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 07:16 AM   #344
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmall View Post
I will take one.
I love it! Atomic Blue. is that an Evo/Pan or an Evo with a fake kidney timing cover? Sure looks like an Evo head to my old eyes. I know S&S can build an Evo/Pan because when I had my buddy with a bike shop order my 96" Evo they got communication screwed up and built me one by mistake. I almost accepted it but I paid all that money so I could just drop a new motor and get riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
In 1973 I did a three month thrash to get my 48 ready to go to the 1973 NSRA street rod Nationals in Tulsa. This photo was by a guy who goes by Carnut and has posted photos from a lot of shows on the net.

My truck is the Gold 48 back behind the car he was taking the photos of in a real photobomb

The other photo is of a painting that a woman did of the killing of Owhi. Chief Owhi was my 5 times back great grandfather on my mom's side. He had led an uprising against the soldiers and settlers in what is now Central and Eastern Washington.
Great first pictures. I was 18 in '73. A great era for street rodding. Love those chrome slots that were so popular. I always liked the aluminum slots better but they should reproduce those again like most other popular wheels from back then. They could be a cheaper alternative. not the concern for rust these days with the cool stuff being garage queens.

Second picture, a sad and dark chapter in US history.

And now for another old cycle photo. How about an XR750? I'll be watching some of these wonderful machines compete tomorrow at The Barbara Fritchey Classic flat track races in Frederick, MD tomorrow. Always held on the 4th, same as the original celebration before we started altering our national holidays. It's the oldest continuously run motorcycle race in America... many enthusiasts know nothing about. It's the only race run on the horse track at the Great Frederick Fair fairgrounds. not even horse racing anymore. There are sulky race horses kept in the stables and the track used for practice. The 4th for me is about US history and this is how I celebrate!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote