View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 04:01 PM   #21
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Big washers used on front bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzzzit View Post
Who in Fresno is doing your bumpers? I'm about 90 miles north. Nobody up this way. Had them done in Stockton and it didn't last. They even tried to give me some cheap bumpers in return. Luckily I put my I.D. on the back of each bumper. Make sure you get yours back. Anyway funny thing they are out of business. Why did you choose this place? There are suppose to be good platers in Nevada. What's their name? Good reputation? By the way, the platers are given time to convert to the p.o.s. chrome. Let us know the name and quality of the job. Don't know how one can tell by looking. Had mine chromed and they were storage in my garage for a few years. Looked really good and were never on the vehicle. Developed micro pits in the chrome and there are a couple of areas you can see a hint of copper. This happened in the garage. Probably didn't triple plate. Cost?
You know of any good places in Nevada? I sure don't. One local reputable since passed, I don't believe anyone does it, even in Vegas.

I marked the bumpers for sure. Even weighed them as they were. The place in Fresno is called Moreno's Chrome. I've only read positive about them. Just got off the phone, looks like another week out. Cost estimate is 1700-ish. I'll try to remember to report, here.

For what worth, assuming my scale is worth a (^^, here are what my original bumpers weigh. The rear was replated once before.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote