View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 06:58 AM   #158
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
Lots of progress 2 forward 1 back and then clean up the mess and then a good night of sleep I’m liking the PO1s
Yes, that has been the way so far! It's still progress though so I'm happy with that. All in all, it was a successful first start with no real issues. As for the PO1s, I do kind of like them as well but I've already set them aside for someone else. I just threw them on one more time to see how it would look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay68c10 View Post
Man, that’s great! It’s a good feeling to have one fire up nice AND have no codes in a swap like this.
I like your location for the charcoal can. I’ll be using one also.
Definitely. At this point, there isn't anything that is telling me there's something wrong with this engine. It sounds good, idles smoothly, and is responsive to throttle input. I do have that low compression number on cylinder #2 lingering in the back of my mind. I'm wondering if I should recheck it now that I've knocked the cobb webs out of the engine, although I'm kind of scared to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Outstanding! I personally think it sounds awesome. I'll be looking forward to a full report on it's drivability, power and handling characteristics. Well done as usual my friend.
For sure that is the next short term goal. The only thing keeping me from driving it around the block is the lack of driveshaft. I need to shorten mine 3.5" before I can install it. I'm getting that done this week, so hopefully within the next two weeks I will be able to take the truck on its maiden voyage.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote