View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 03:12 PM   #309
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

How about an update??

The dually has been down for a hot minute. Pass fuel pump died years ago on the return trip from LoneStar Throwdown w/a full tank of gas in it. The driver side pump died > a year ago....

Fortunately, that one died as I was returning back to its resting spot so we were able to push it the distance & put it under covered parking until I/we could get to it. Multiple Model-A's, my other truck, the flip cars & life pressed 'PAUSE' longer than anticipated & then the battery was dead as well adding to the 'to-do' list.

So, over the weekend I got a 2nd set of hands & a fairly empty parking lot (room to work) so we swapped in a fresh pump to the driver side tank & were able to jump it off to get it running. Last night, I popped a fresh battery in place & washed off a years' worth of dust. I'll most likely do the passenger side tank up @ my buddy's work (dealership) since that tank is full of that old gas (20gals) & they have a container for the contents.

I purchased 'new' tanks for this effort. Looking into the tank once dropped from the chassis, it looked pretty clean (especially the baffle/tray area). That was a nice surprise, so I just swapped the pump, sock/screen, & hoses instead of the whole tank. We'll see how the pass side looks & make a decision then on that one as well. I'll be fine returning them & getting $250 back into my pocket.

I guess now I could take it to C10's in the Park in September but that event sells out too fast for normal folk (well, this guy) to actually get a registration entry & parking outside of it is not really CC dually friendly. So it might make a GoodGuys FTWorth appearance again this fall as I know I have a buddy that wouldn't mind driving it in. We shall see.

A wow moment? I actually got 10yrs out of the previous battery It actually outlasted my last two relationships.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 07-25-2023 at 03:23 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote